Sunday, October 7, 2012

Don't send me email with the wrong address - part III




As you know- I continue to get email to my account that is meant for someone else. After gently dissuading them I was the wrong recipient, they persisted. At their own peril it turns out...


Hello, Everyone!

We have a date for our new Supper Shuffle group’s first gathering. It is Sunday, November 11th. Let’s plan to meet at our home at 5 pm. We live at 516 XXXXX Ave. in River xxxxx (four houses north of Lake Street, on the west side; last of the four red brick and stucco houses). You can park on the west side of our street in front of our house, in our driveway, or across the street in the Methodist Church parking lot. Our phone number is xxx-xxxx

Al plans to do pork roast on the grill. John and Loretta – please bring the appetizers. Darrell and Rosemary – please bring a vegetable. And Mary – please bring a dessert. If Linda does come with you, Mary, would you have her bring some applesauce? Please let me know if she is not coming.
As a reminder, Rosemary does not tolerate milk products. And, UNFORTUNATELY, I cannot eat onions (including chives, leeks, scallions, shallots) or bell peppers. If you have a recipe which includes any of those delicious items, you could do what my family does for me. Make the recipe without those foods, remove a small portion for me, then add the onion, etc. for everyone else.

Have I forgotten anything? Let me know if I did. See you soon!

Irmgard


So I respond thusly - there is no dissuading these people:

This sounds awesome! 
Couple of quick questions for the group - does everybody like turnips? Rosemary does some nice 'nips, and as a practicing lacto vegan gluten free ovo-tarian, she has a way to make then not taste like casket wood.
Also, I'm not sure we should park in the Methodist church lot. Those guys are hard core about their Sunday services, and I certainly don't want to pull up in the middle of any ritualistic goat sacrifice. And those robes....gives me the willies just thinking about it! Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing you all. I have a bunch of internet cat videos I want to share!
Ps - plan to get lubed up, I'm bringing a bucket of Jäger for us all!




1 comment:

  1. OK I can no longer drink coffee while I read your blog because I don't like the feel of hot liquid shooting out of my nostrils. My God, how do you come up with this stuff? Goat sacrifices and cat videos? Maybe these people just like receiving your witty emails, so they will continue to invite you to their pot luck dinners. Too bad you can't show up at their doorstep with something like fish eye casserole. Surprise!!!! And what the hell is that green stuff in the picture? There is something very wrong with green desserts, unless you are serving them to The Hulk. I like these email response posts--I hope they keep sending them to you so I can spit out more coffee.

    ReplyDelete