Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Menopausal Mother - a laugh a minute, that hits too close to home!

“I'm what is known as perimenopausal. "Peri", some of you may know, is a Latin prefix meaning 'SHUT YOUR FLIPPIN' PIE HOLE!!!!!!!!”  - Celia Rivenbank
 
I gotta tell ya, I don't follow other folks blogs with much regularity. I eat too much meat (a laxative joke! In the first line of a blog! I slay me.) but I do enjoy the hormone filled verbosity of Menopausal Mother. It would seem that the only thing she is lacking (besides estrogen it would seem) is feedback from some of us males forced (by choice of course) to live with females of "Advanced Hormonal Age".

We males suffer in silence. We cannot make fart jokes, turn up the heat, change the channel or even hum softly to ourselves while in the prescence of an AHA victim. We seek solace in TV sports, beer and TV weathergirls. I personally pretend that I have dimentia and have become hard of hearing. Whatever it takes to avoid, as my father put it "poking the bear".

And surely there is some end to this condition, some finality where the suffers (and their victims) emerge shining through the rain clouds and peer upon a vast, verdant valley laid before them. My experience tells me otherwise.

So I guess, like all life tests, victory is achieved during the race and not just at the finish line. And nobody sums it up from the female perspective like Menopausal Mother. Take a read. You won't be sorry, and it might distract you from fiddling with the GD thermostat for a few minutes.

http://menopausalmother.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. I agree her blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across her blog a few months ago and she is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant in a shiny object kind of way, or brilliant in a Steven Hawking kind of way? I think she is actually Elton John writing under a pen name.

      That guy knows what being a middle aged woman is all about.

      Delete
  3. ketchup is a fantastic blog i ever visited. whenever i have visit and find required information. verily its great.

    ReplyDelete