Sunday, August 7, 2011

PayPal to the rescue - Sarah the Virtual Agent

I like to buy stuff off EBay - cheaper, faster and wider selection. I have like a plus 1000 rating - a 15 year customer - nobody else can say that. Today I made a purchase and the transaction wouldn't go through. No explanation - plenty of money in bank, lots of room on card, even funds in the PayPal account. It just said "contact customer service" - and popped up a little screen saying "talk to Sarah, our virtual agent". I'm game, so I give it a try.

After ten minutes of typing in every variation of the question "how do I make a payment", I finally became exasperated, and told Sarah she must kill herself for the good of mankind....




Now, I'm a fair fellow in a fight, but I got to hand it to Sarah, she kept her cool, and didn't mince words.

Good day to you sir. Good day indeed.





1 comment: